BHARATIYA CULTURAL CENTER
Executive Committees and Charters
Chairperson: Sai kumar Buddai, 267-481-4411, email@example.com
• Identify, plan, and implement professional seminars (legal, financial, etc)
• Arrange health seminars/fairs, bone marrow and blood drives.
• Create, maintain, and communicate an outreach program consisting of professional volunteers from which the needy can benefit.
Chairperson: Mallik Budhavarapu, 267-549-5848, firstname.lastname@example.org
o Library: Manage all aspects related to the library including collection of books, CDs/Tapes, sorting and arranging on shelves, maintaining a database, managing a check-in/out process, implementation of library hours and volunteer attendants.
o Identify, plan and implement lectures by visiting scholars and experts relating to Indian history and culture.
o Maintain contact with academic centers, museums and cultural centers
o Identify, plan and implement lecture series/study groups
o Topic specific lectures or pravachans
o Young adult study circle, Navajyoti, for 15 through 21 year olds
o Adult study circle
o Manage all aspects related to Yoga instruction and seminars
o Manage all aspects related meditation classes/seminars
• Organize cultural programs for holidays and festivals of interest, including but not limited to, Lohri/Makar Sankranti, Holi, Ugadi/Baisakhi, Ganesh Festival, Navratri and Diwali.
• Organize fitness/wellness programs relating to dance and music with focus on cultural integration and social interaction.
• Organize cultural programs/events with other local organizations and community groups to foster a greater appreciation and understanding of the Indian culture.
• Organize all aspects related to music and dance classes (both classical and non-classical).
• Organize trips to various cultural programs and events of interest within the tri-state area.
• Provide community service opportunities/activities for adults and children within the local area relating to cultural areas of interest including the arts, music, dance, fitness, cuisine, language and travel to educate and foster a greater understanding of our cultural and social norms and traditions.
Chairperson: Mital Mehta, (267) 328-8742, email@example.com
• Organize discussions/seminars related to women
• Invite guest speakers/professional experts for presentations on topics of interest
• Hold classes/workshops (e.g. English speaking classes, hobby clubs, art classes, skincare and make-up classes, meditation classes, healthy eating and lifestyle, finance management class etc.)
• Organize book discussion/club (to meet at least 4 times a year)
• Organize family activities
• Create volunteer opportunities to provide a sense of community
• Provide opportunities to encourage social interaction, such as, cooking demonstrations, entertaining group programs, activities to encourage artistic expression, group travel opportunities, and recreational activities
Chairperson: Preeti Tailor, 215-868-4831, firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Roles and Responsibilities: Organize all aspects relates to:
• Youth Group Mentoring and Issues
o Guest Speakers related to youth
o Read literature pertaining to any given social and cultural issue, and then discuss
o Mentoring (big brother/sister, college entrance preparation, homework help, etc)
• Community Service Projects
o “Walk A Thons”
o Volunteer time at a hospital/nursing home
o Car Wash
o Adopt a family
o Food drive (Diwali, Thanksgiving, etc)
o Asian Day of Service
• Volunteer at the programs of the organization
• Field trips, recreation, and entertainment
o Annual Picnic
o Movie Night
o Field trips
o New years Eve program
o Recreational programs
Chairperson: Priti Shah, (215) 699-2317, email@example.com
Senior support group would help seniors in the area to be with their age group. There will be organized activities at BCC regarding seniors. We will create a group that will work with our seniors. We will make our elders aware that there are people in our community who cares for them and ready to help.
Activities: Yoga, Art & crafts, Movies, games, health fair, seminars, group bhajans, organized trips, etc.
Chairperson: Praveen Sharma, 215-361-0145, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Selection of curriculum, books, teachers, volunteers
• Registration process, child must be attending kindergarten (pre-kindergarten is not eligible)
• Offer religion, language and cultural classes based on resources – space and instructors
• Establish yearly class calendar close to local school district calendar and observe public holidays
• Collect registration fee, as approved by board of directors (family membership of BCC is required)
• Provide support to other functions organized by various committees
• Organize feedback sessions as appropriate
• Establish / implement rules of conduct appropriate to school environment
• Organize annual presentation.
• Organize Mother’s Day and Father’s Day program.
Chairperson: Vijaya Raminani, 267-640-7599, email@example.com
• Arrange indoor and outdoor activities for individuals with disabilities, such as bowling, dances, museum trip, adventure park trips etc
• Provide emotional support to families going through difficult times
• Participate in activities by other national organizations
• Provide information for resources needed for families with disability
• Arrange for information sessions helpful to families