Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
• Organize cultural programs for holidays and festivals of interest, including but not limited to, Lohri/Makar Sankranti, Holi, Ugadi/Baisakhi, Ganesh Festival, Navratri and Diwali.
• Organize fitness/wellness programs relating to dance and music with focus on cultural integration and social interaction.
• Organize cultural programs/events with other local organizations and community groups to foster a greater appreciation and understanding of the Indian culture.
• Organize all aspects related to music and dance classes (both classical and non-classical).
• Organize trips to various cultural programs and events of interest within the tri-state area.
• Provide community service opportunities/activities for adults and children within the local area relating to cultural areas of interest including the arts, music, dance, fitness, cuisine, language and travel to educate and foster a greater understanding of our cultural and social norms and traditions.